We will take you to visit the spectacular waterbirds abound alongside traditional Khmer crafts in a great day out from Siem Reap city. It is one of our favourite places to go birdwatching as there can always be something unexpected amongst the many waterbirds. Previously we have found scarce birds such as Black-necked Stork, Greater Spotted Eagle and, during March and April, Oriental Plover.
From relaxed (low) to ones where you need to be fit to join in.Low
No surprises here. These tours/activities are those most anyone can do if they are fine with fairly flat walks and getting in and out of transport.Medium
Like to be active, even very active, but not pushed too far. This is the one for you.High
These tours/activities require you to be very fit. Probably not suitable for children.
Some tours or activities are a total immersion ... others offer just a taste of a different way of life. Below is how we\'ve classified things to help you make a selection.Low
Consider these tours or activities as unlikely to surprise. They will still give you fantastic insight into the destination and/or a great experience.Medium
You might find yourself on these tours/activities confronted by quite a different way of doing things to that you are familiar with. Think food, language, customs, religions, mode of transport. For the slightly more adventurous.High
Think things you probably wouldn\'t do on your own ...
- 5.30 am: pick up from hotel & transfer to Ang Trapaeng Thmor (breakfast packed from SR).
- 8.30 am: arrive WCS office at ATT & pick up ranger (we will make a few brief birding stops on the way and to have breakfast).
- 8.45 am: start birding around Ang Trapaeng Thmor. 12.00 pm have lunch at WCS office.
- 1.30 pm: Leave WCS office and visit the local village’s silk weavers, who will sell their wares directly to you.
- 2.15 pm: travel back to Siem Reap.
- 4.00 pm: Arrive at hotel.
*Note: the group can continue their birding after lunch if they wish.
- No charge for cancellation more than (72 hours) prior tour depature time. 50% charge
- If cancellation between 71 – 25 hours prior to tour departure time. 100% charge
- If cancellation less than 24 hours prior to tour departure time
Please be ready at your hotel's lobby or guesthouse in 15 minutes before pick up time.